One of the main schemes of the Prime Minister is the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana that came to action in the 2008 and it basically runs in the mode of Campaign Mission. The entire campaign proves to be a business model that is self-sustaining.
The Department Of Pharmaceuticals made it re-launch in the month of March this year. The new scheme came to be known as the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana.
The entire focus of the scheme is to make sure that the generic medicines are available in top quality and the medicines that will be available will have affordable rates as well.
Let us have a little bit of discussion about the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana
Objectives Of The Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana
Following are the objectives of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana 2018:
- The main aim of the Yojana is to make sure that medicines are available all over and are more accessible as well. The medicines will be available to the backward classes so that it helps that get the right treatment on time.
- Making quality-assured medicines in place of the medicines that are available at higher costs and will be available all over the country.
- People will get access to the medicines with the CPSU supplies.
- The number of medicines that will be available is over 500.
- Generic medicines that are a part of the scheme are tested and proven to work as well. These medicines will basically redefine the different treatment methods and their costs.
- Creating the generic drugs properly and making it available to the people of the country. Every man, whether rich or poor will have access to the drugs.
- Extend the coverage of the quality medicines to make them reach every single state in the country
- The entire scheme is not just restricted to the Public Health System. Also, the Private Sector will have great benefits as well
- The scheme will aim to create a certain awareness drive in all the people, which will let them know all about the potency and benefits of generic medicines
- Encourage the use of unbranded and generic medicines so that the doctors will prescribe the same and help all categories of people to avail teh best treatment methods.
Benefits Of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana
Following are the benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana 2018:
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana for Karnataka will be a great benefit to all people.
- This scheme will promote the use of generic medicine that will lessen the treatment cost and the associated things as well.
- States all over the country will have generic and affordable medicines.
Eligibility For The Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana
For being eligible to the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana for Karnataka:
- A person has to be citizen and resident of India
- An individual has to be a doctor or a licensed pharmacist
- Has to be SC/ST to avail the other benefits
- For identification, a PAN card is a must
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana is one of the best schemes of the Prime Minister, helping the common people in availing generic medicines at an affordable rate.
Read about teh other schemes here.