In India, there has always been a low ratio of girls as per boys. And for improving the sex ratio females in India, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme has been started. It was first taken into consideration on January 22, 2015.
The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao was teamwork, which was started by Ministry of Women And Child Development, Ministry of Human Resource Development, and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. This was a scheme which had a hope of empowering the girl child.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme successfully managed to get started in 100 districts. These districts had a low number of girls at the first. By 2011 it was started in one District of each and every state in India. By August 2016, Sakshi Malik, the Olympic bronze medalist became the brand ambassador of BBBP Scheme.
The Moto of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao 2018 is sons and daughters are equal. The scheme truly does have the aim to improve the condition of girls.
Aim Of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
Let’s look at the goals of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao 2018 scheme
- The goals of the BBBP Scheme are to happily welcome the birth of a girl.
- To give her all the rights that she deserves.
- To not violate her interest because of conservative thoughts and stereotypes.
This plan was launched for the education and welfare of girls in India. The scheme had the following objectives:
- For stopping the discrimination that the girl child has to bear. Also to abolish the practice of the determination of sex. This was done for the welfare of girls.
- The scheme was started for ensuring the protection and survival of the girl child.
- To make sure that the girls have active participation in education and all other fields.
Features Of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
There are two key features of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao for Karnataka. Let’s have a look at those features:
- It ensures the birth and upbringing of the girl child. Also, it empowers them by making them educated so that they can become a proud part of the nation and are valued.
- It involves many different sectors for ensuring action all over the different regions. The districts and union territories have already been covered.
How Should You Apply For The Scheme?
All you need to do is follow a few simple steps and rules:
- Open a bank account in the name of the girl.
- Make sure that the girl has the eligible age of up to 10 years.
- All the documents that are necessary should be with you
The necessary documents are:
- Girl child’s birth certificate
- Parent’s ID Proof
- Address Proof of the legal guardian.
Benefits Of BBBP Scheme
- The parents will have a less burden for the girl’s future as opening the account for them will help in fulfilling her basic needs.
- As the government gives a lot of interest for the girls. It can be saved up for the girl’s future.
- The account that the girl has will be tax-free. That means that no money will be cut from the account.
- The account will get matured once the girl is of 21, while at the age of 18, she will get money from it for her higher education.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao for Karnataka has been successful till now that has benefited so many girls to have a better future. Hoping that it continues to do so!
To know about other schemes, click here.