Mission Indradhanush is a life-changing policy of India. It came to effect on 25th of December 2014. J.P Nadda launched the Mission Indradhanush Policy.
He’s the Union Health Minister of our country. This scheme is just for targeting the health issues that people of our country face. All the children and the women who are pregnant are in the scheme.
The aim of this mission is to immunize the children below the age of 2 years and the pregnant women. The diseases are a lot harmful nowadays but can be easily prevented with vaccines.
The Mission Indradhanush program started from 2009 and till the year of 2013. The percentage of immunization increased from 61% to 65%. This shows that the immunization coverage had increased about 1% every year. To goal was to obtain a lot of coverage until the year 2020.
Objectives Of Mission Indradhanush
There are specifically two types of objectives of the Mission Indradhanush 2018. Let’s have a look at these objectives
The general objectives are:
- The main aim of this mission is to make sure that the coverage of immunization is increased. This means that the children and pregnant women should get with available vaccines. This should be the case in the whole country. This policy specifically focuses on 201 districts.
The specific objectives are:
There are some specific objectives of Mission Indradhanush 2018 and they are:
- Addressing the challenges faced in communication so that the demand for immunization increases.
- Increasing the advocacy with the main stakeholders. This will be a great help because the political and the administrative committee will improve.
- Making sure that until the deadline that is 2020 everyone is immunized. This means that the children who are not immunized or partially immunized should be fully immunized.
Benefits Of Mission Indradhanush
There are many benefits of Mission Indradhanush for Karnataka. And this policy aims at making things better for children. The benefits of this policy are:
- This program will prove to save a lot of lives. Especially of children and pregnant women.
- Indradhanush Policy will reduce the risk of getting life-threatening diseases.
- This will provide vaccination against many diseases.
The diseases for which the policy will provide vaccination are:
- A whooping Cough
- Hepatitis B
In addition to these vaccines, Mission Indradhanush also provides other vaccines. The vaccines for Haemophilus influenza type B (HIB) and the Japanese Encephalitis come on the list. These vaccines are not provided in every districts or state of the country. Only selected places provide these vaccines.
Start looking around. You may find people who are not giving importance to vaccines or immunization. You may find parents who don’t immunize their children properly. At that time you should step up. It only takes five minutes to explain the advantages if immunization and vaccines. Request them to go to the nearest hospital and get their children or themselves vaccinated. The government health facilities do that for free. Make sure that you make people aware of the importance of vaccination.
Mission Indradhanush for Karnataka is a great step initiated by the government. It’ll surely make a lot of difference in this country. This will save many lives by fully immunizing the children and pregnant women.