We have all heard about the Digital India Scheme and the Make in India schemes. Now it’s time for Skill India Scheme. The government of India this time has come up with something different. It is an improvisation of the programs that were launched earlier for developing skill. This new policy is called Skill India Scheme. This is supposed to be a program for increasing many different skills. It was launched in the year 2015. Skill India Scheme was launched for the welfare of people with different skills. Mainly it was launched for providing employment opportunities.
Objectives Of Skill India Scheme
The program was started with certain objectives. Let’s have a look at those objectives of Skill India Scheme 2018:
- The first and foremost goal of this scheme is to create opportunities.
- To provide scope for the development of the different talent that people have.
- Identifying new sectors for developing the skills.
- To provide training and developing the skills of the 500 million youth of India.
- To cover each and every region of this country and provide opportunities by the year 2020.
Features Of The Skill India Scheme
The features of the Skill India Scheme 2018 are:
- It provides skill development courses for different talented youths. For example, carpenters, masons, nurses, tailors, welders etc. It provides training to them and gives them support and guidance. This way they can get jobs for the skills that they have.
- Areas like real estate and construction, transportation, jewelry designing, these types of activities will receive more emphasis. Since these are the sectors where skill development is really necessary. These fields will be getting more importance.
- The programs for training will be on the international level. This will make the youth of our country meet the demands of other countries. Some of them would be China, USA, and Japan etc.
- Another very attracting feature of the skill India scheme for Karnataka is that it would make a hallmark in the name of ‘Rural India Skill’. This will standardize and certify the process of training.
- Different programs which are needed will be started for specific age groups like communication skill programs etc. Also, the positive thinking skill and personality development skills which are needed for some people will be started.
- The method in which Skill India is initiated is unique. The curriculum will have certain points to increase the skills of people. For example, games, group discussions, case studies etc.
Benefits Of Skill India Scheme
- It will raise the confidence of the youth as well as the elders.
- Improve the productivity. So then the working force will be double. This will happen as the people will be skilled.
- Create Job opportunities. Due to skill development, it’ll be easy for people to get a good job.
- Growth in many different sectors as they’ll get developed youth for work
- The standard of living will also get increased for the people
The Skill India Scheme for Karnataka is a really nice step taken by the government. This scheme has already started making its presence heard. And in the near future, it’ll successfully produce skilled human resources.