The Integrated Power Development Scheme is one of the most important schemes of the country. Since electricity is a very important factor for the whole nation. It is also necessary so that the country could grow economically. Power distribution is the most important section.
It is very important that the power is efficiently distributed among the consumers. Efficiency has become the challenge nowadays for the power sector of India. That’s where the integrated power development scheme comes. The financial health of the state’s distribution facilities is bad. This is the reason why investments were not satisfactory in the distribution network. This made the demand for power in the urban areas very hard to meet.
Creating better infrastructure for proper distribution of electricity in the region is important. For this reason, our government has made this scheme.
Setting up the scheme in Varanasi, The PM aims to give power 24/7, by providing financial assistance to the distribution companies. The integrated power development scheme may be the reason for continuous powering the urban areas.
Features Of Integrated Power Development Scheme
These are different features of the integrated power development scheme 2018:
- All the power lines in Varanasi that are overhead will be the underground cabling including the conversion of the power lines near the guard and the temples.
- The assets that the sub centers have and the lines and the distribution Transformers. There will be certain improvements as well. The capacity will increase and there will be other benefits.
- Maximum of the government buildings will have rooftop solar panels installed.
- The integrated power Development Scheme will make the AT&C losses reduce.
- Establishing Accounting and auditing systems for energy in the IT sector.
- By metering end to end, proper accounting and billing are insured.
- The high loss pockets will also have identification with the help of proper metering. This will make way to find solutions for the losses.
Objectives Of Integrated Power Development Scheme
There are certain objectives of the integrated power development scheme 2018. Let’s have a look at those:
- The integrated power development scheme for Karnataka will give financial assistance and will bridge the gap in the sub-transmission. The distribution networks will be used with the metering, which will be done for supplementing the resources of distribution companies.
- The aim of the government is to extend this plan to most of the region of this country and to launch the integrated power development scheme on Varanasi till the year 2015.
The integrated power development scheme for Karnataka is a very noble step. This will not only benefit people but also increase the economic growth of the country. Since electricity is very important for the national development. And this scheme will help India go on the right path.
For more schemes, click here.