Have you heard of the Eklavya School Scheme by our beloved PM Modi? Well, it is one of the best schemes that will be making an effect in the country.
Education is one of the most important things in India. PM Narendra Modi has provided us with many educative chances for the betterment of the future. When it comes to proper education, the PM schemes offer a lot. One such scheme is the Eklavya School Scheme.
Now, this is not really a new addition to the list of schemes. The Eklavya Model Residential Schools have been a part of the education system. But, there will be an addition of more schools by 2022. This is for the better education of the ST students from different areas and regions.
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs is governing the scheme. Do you want to know more about the Eklavya School Scheme 2018? Well, read on ahead to get an idea of all the details.
Features of Eklavya School Scheme
The Eklavya School Scheme for Karnataka has the following features:
- The students of Scheduled Tribes will get more preference in the case of admissions
- The State Government provides quality land for the building of the school
- The surrounding areas are for hostels, playgrounds, and other important infrastructure
- The boys and the girls will have an equal amount of seat per school and classroom
- The maximum limit of students per class is 60. There will be 2 sections to divide the students
- The Government will bear all the expenses for the education of these students
- The scheme will have Eklavya Model Residential Schools for ST students by 2022
- It is one of the best schemes of PM Narendra Modi for the tribal areas
- The staff and teachers will have a reasonable salary
Objectives Of Eklavya School Scheme
Here are some of the Eklavya School Scheme 2018 objectives.
- Enabling high-quality education levels to the ST students who deserve it
- Giving education facilities in the remote areas of the country
- Providing opportunities for the students to become professionals and land great jobs
- Increasing the literacy rate by educating the ST students
- Providing equality to the ST students. Now they will also have a chance to participate in the same level of education as Non-ST students
- Increasing the mental, physical and social development of the students
- Putting the main focus on the HS students and meeting their needs
- Supporting the annual expenses of schools to provide reasonable salaries to the staff
- Constructing infrastructure that will further enhance the promotion of quality education
Benefits Of The Eklavya School Scheme
Here are the benefits of Eklavya School Scheme for Karnataka.
- The scheme will increase the literacy rate in the country
- The ST students will have a better chance at education
- The tribal areas will have an increase in employment. The schools need staff and teachers
So, as you can see, the Eklavya School Scheme aims for a lot. We are in hope that the scheme is able to provide what it promised.
For more schemes, click here.