We all know the importance of Bamboo. This is the reason why the National Bamboo Mission is one of the most important schemes to date. The bamboo plant is nothing less than a positive boon in the environment. There are many economic and ecological benefits of the Bamboo plant. This plant also helps people have a good livelihood with its benefits. The North-Eastern region is the place where 12.8% of the forest has got Bamboo trees. The National Bamboo Mission is to promote the growth and the use of Bamboo trees as some raw material. This is one of the biggest schemes of the year. Well, we have PM Modi to thank for that. Do you want to know more about the National Bamboo Mission 2018? Read the article then.
Objectives Of National Bamboo Mission
Following are the objectives of National Bamboo Mission for Karnataka.
- Promoting bamboo growth all over the country for various benefits
- Growing the sector for the bamboo plants and promoting their use as well
- Increasing the area coverage of the bamboo plant by offering improvements and changes
- Enhancing the yield of bamboo plants by ensuring that positive changes are there
- Promoting the marketing of bamboo products and handicrafts as well as the plant
- Establishing the synergy and convergence amongst different stakeholders
- Promoting the development of bamboo plants and their growth
- Developing and promoting technology to help in the process
- Increasing employment chances for the youth so that they can work in the bamboo industry
Features Of The National Bamboo Mission
Here are some of the National Bamboo Mission 2018 features
- The program will have research and development methods for the growth of Bamboo plant
- There will also be a development in the infrastructure of plantation
- The program will provide different planting materials to the plantation workers
- The mission will put the main focus on expanding the area for bamboo coverage
- There will be sufficient improvement in the existing samples of bamboo
- Innovative interventions and changes will be a part of this developmental scheme
- Bamboo treatment and storage facilities will be better
- Marketing options for bamboo plants will come to action
- Pest management and disease management will be a major part
- Different water resources will also be a part as well
So, these are some of the key features of the National Bamboo Mission.
Benefits Of National Bamboo Mission
Do you wish to know some benefits of the National Bamboo Mission? Well then, you should definitely read ahead.
- The Bamboo growth will be a benefit for the farmers
- People will have more livelihood options due to more bamboo
- There will be different economic benefits available as well
- The bamboo sector will have its much-needed growth
- Even the environment will benefit from the growth of bamboo plants
So, you can see how the scheme works for people. The National Bamboo Mission for Karnataka is all set for launch this year. We can say that the hopes are very much high for the scheme. Aren’t you hoping for the scheme to work? Well’ we are, for sure.
For more schemes, click here.