On 25th September 2017, the Government launched the Saubhagya scheme. The Yojana is also known as “Saubhagya”. The main aim of Saubhagya Scheme is to provide electricity to all the houses of India. This scheme will benefit more than 3 crore houses all over the country. In this article, we will let you know about the features and benefits of the Saubhagya scheme.
Features Of The Saubhagya Scheme
Here are few features of the Saubhagya Scheme 2018:
- The main aim of the Saubhagya scheme is to provide electricity to the houses
- The government provides funds to states as well as the union territories
- This is to undertake the electrification in all areas
- Some of the families will be eligible for free electric connection
- The center uses the Socio-Economic and Caste census data of 2011
- Those families who are not eligible for free electricity still wait for the benefits
- They have to pay Rs.500 in for getting electrification
- DISCOMs will recover the money in 10 installments by electricity bill
- Camps are set-up in villages to identify the family and for their registration
- The Rural Electrification Corporation Limited operates this scheme
- The scheme also provides a subsidy to many types of equipment like meters, wires, and transformers
- By the implementation of this scheme, many other benefits will rise from it
- These benefits kerosene substitution as a fuel and improvement in health and educational services
- The job opportunities might increase as well
Benefits Of Saubhagya Scheme
The benefits of Saubhagya Scheme 2018 are:
- The access to electricity will help in replacing the use of kerosene for house lighting
- It will help in reducing the air pollution. Hence, it will save the people from dangerous health hazards
- The access to electricity will help in health services as well
- It provides modern and efficient health services in every part of the country
- Lightning at the night also provides a feeling personal safety for the women
- It also increases the post-sunset social as well as economic activities
- The electrification of the households also boosts the services of education. It also helps in providing the children to study for more time after the sunset
- This scheme also increases the chance for women to study and earn an income
- Substituting the use of Kerosene with electricity reduces the annual subsidy of Kerosene. It thus reduces the importing of petroleum products
- Electricity in every home provides access to all kinds of communication access. This may be radio, television, mobile, Internet etc
- This helps the people to get access to all kinds of information
The Saubhagya Scheme for Karnataka has definitely put a positive impact on the people’s life. It is a very significant scheme as it is the main source for various aspects of human development.
This scheme might be health, employment, education, fuel benefits. Most importantly, reduction in air pollution is a benefit. The implementation of the scheme is to build smart villages and improve the people’s life.
For more schemes, click here.