The Digital India Scheme is a transformed and extended version of e-governance project. The project is in its place since the 1990s. Everybody knows that different types of e-Government projects are all over the country.
The infrastructure of e-Governance plan is by the government. The government feels the need of introducing extra objectives in the new initiatives. Digital India Scheme helps to narrow the gap between government and people. The benefits and service that the government is providing will reach the citizens in no time. It also ensures the creation of local electronic manufacturing in India.
Objectives Of Digital India Scheme
The main objectives of digital India scheme for Karnataka will transform India into an intelligent economy. It also aims to transform and empower Indian society. To achieve this aim, the government has targeted three areas. They are:
- Providing utility to all the citizen by making digital infrastructure.
- Making the public services and governance on demand.
- Making the citizens digitally empowered.
- To get quick delivery of public services, it aims to get the high-speed internet connection.
- Creating a digital and unique identity for every citizen.
- Making cyberspace secure and safe
- To make the services offered by government available in no time using the online medium
- To improve the effort of doing business. This will be done with digital transformed services.
- Making the financial transactions electronic and cashless.
- Making the digital services available in digital languages.
- With the help of collaborative digital platform, make the governance citizen participative
Key Initiatives Under Digital India Scheme
There are nine key initiatives which are in progress under the Digital India Scheme 2018. They are:
This key initiative aims to connect 250000 Gram Panchayats. It will be with the help of high-speed internet. The Government is investing an amount of rupees 32 crores for the same.
Accessing Mobile Connectivity
There are remaining 42300 villages which still remain unconnected through mobile telephony. The scheme aims to join it.
National Rural Internet Mission
The main objective is to make the government service available to Gram Panchayats. This is one of the main objectives of the Digital India Scheme 2018
The primary aim is to introduce IT in order to simplify the small government businesses.
The purpose is to provide electronic delivery of services. This can be in agriculture, health, education, justice or financial inclusion.
Information To All
The purpose of this key initiative is to host online data. It also aims for proactive engagement with all the citizens with the help of social media. It also takes the help of web portal like MyGov.in.
This aims to Net Zero imports by the year 2020 using local manufactured electronic items. The items may be Mobiles, VSATs, Set Top Boxes etc.
- Training And Job Creation
- It aims to train the students in small towns and rural areas in order prepare for the IT jobs.
- Early Harvest Program
- It aims to connect all the Universities across the country by December 2015 using Wi-Fi.
So, these are some of the main parts of the Digital India Scheme for Karnataka.
For more schemes, click here.