The cities in the country have a share of 31% of India’s population. They also have a GDP share of 63%. The Urban areas need a certain growth for the near future. That is exactly why the Smart Cities Mission is here to help. Keeping track with future expectations is the best thing about the scheme. This scheme helps to develop the urban cities.
This is one of the best schemes so far. Do you want to know why? Because the Smart Cities Mission works for the urban areas and their development. This scheme centers on the institutional, physical, economic, and social infrastructure. The criteria are important for the improvement of the life quality. Hence, the Smart Cities Mission is the best for the growth.
It is high time that the urban areas stepped into the direction of development. The Smart Cities Mission helps in doing that. Let us learn a bit more about the Smart Cities Mission in here.
Objective Of The Smart Cities Mission
Following are the objectives of Smart Cities Mission 2018:
- Improving the infrastructure of the urban cities
- Ensuring development to give a better quality of life
- All the citizens will have many benefits that are really improved and developed
- Creating a sustainable and clean environment for the people of the country
- Applying the ‘Smart Solutions’ and technology to help in the development
- Developing the compact areas to ensure proper living
- Inspiring each city to be a smart city
- Setting examples of a developed and smart cities
- Ensuring that the changes are made not only inside but outside as well
- This will make sure that the different parts of the country are also convinced
Strategies For The Smart Cities Mission
Here are the different strategies of the Smart Cities Mission for Karnataka
- A pan-city initiative which is definitely for the benefit of the cities. The Smart solutions will be applied to the different cities one at a time
- Step-by-step development of the area. There are three models that are a part of the area developments
- Redevelopment of those areas that need to have a better quality of life
- Retrofitting is another one of the main strategies of the Smart Cities Mission 2018
- The main strategy is to make sure that all the cities have proper ‘Smart Solution’
The Basic Core Infrastructure
The basic and core infrastructure of the Smart Cities Mission 2018 is:
- Proper and adequate supply of water to the areas that need it
- Adequate and proper supply of electricity for the cities
- Solid and improves waste management systems. Also, cleaner sanitation habits and environments come in the list
- Efficient supply of public transport and urban mobility. This can be a great benefit for the people
- Robust digitalization and IT connectivity
- Sustainable and clean environment
- Affordable and cheap housing facilities for the poor
- Proper education options and health benefits as well
So, here is all you need to know about the Smart Cities Mission for Karnataka. Hope this article was informative and helpful to you.
For more schemes, click here.